Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
About this programme
The Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management in Supply Chain Management explores contemporary and exciting issues in the field of Supply Chain Management, including the latest thinking and developments in management, international business and supply chain management. Students will develop a critical insight into how organisations operate in the global environment. This programme will develop students’ ability to use digital tools necessary for implementation of supply chain management strategies.
Supply chain management has significant implications for every industry due to competition and the globalization of supply markets. These two factors are redefining the way modern supply chains and logistics are managed. Companies who outsource need flexible and responsive supply chain and logistical operations which deliver added value to their customers with an increasing focus on protecting the environment.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Apply effective supply chain management tools and strategies.
- Critically analyse, evaluate and make judgments about the psychological, social, cultural, technological and economic factors influencing supplier behavior and decision making.
- Apply concepts and theories to analyse the influence and effect of supply chain management in business operations.
- Discuss and evaluate the full potential of the various components of the supply chain.
How you will learn
Being a virtual university, the NIU will run this programme purely online by using online live classes through video conferencing, online weekly quizzes and tutorials posted on the courses’ e-learning platform, online simulation tools for practical demonstrations, individual reading assignments, among others.
What you will learn
The Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management has 7 taught course units where 5 are core courses, and 2 are institutional requirements. Upon successfully passing of the core courses and institutional requirements, the student must write a research paper with a topic related to supply chain management.
You will study:
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Research Methodology
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Global Sourcing Strategy
- Supply Chain Systems and Modelling
- Strategic Procurement Management
- Logistics for Retail and Manufacturing
- PGD Project