MBA in Environmental Management
About this programme
Our MBA in Environmental Management provides a high quality, interdisciplinary, postgraduate qualification to professionals wishing to deepen their understanding of environmental issues and learn about theoretical and methodological advances that are being deployed to tackle them. The programme is designed to enable graduates become change-makers by developing their ability to design, evaluate and implement management tools and policy responses to the myriad of sustainability challenges. It explores opportunities for creation of innovative and sustainable solutions across all sectors to drive positive environmental change.
What you’ll learn
In this programme, you will take 10 modules each weighted at 4 or 5 Credit Units and write an MBA dissertation worth 12 Credit Units in the specific area of Environmental Management . You are free to take a minimum of 1 module to a maximum of three modules in a term. A term is made up of 3 months of study and one week of final module examination. Each student shall spend an additional 6 to 9 months of supervised dissertation writing to fulfill the requirements for the MBA (Environmental Management Specialisation).
Therefore, this study model provides flexibility that enables you to complete the MBA in Environmental Management programme in 2 to 4 academic years depending on the pace that suits your schedule and learning goals.
You will study:
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Research Methodology
Core MBA Modules (Mandatory)
- Strategic Leadership and Management
- Managing People in Organisation
- Procurement and Contract Negotiations
- Financial Management OR Financial Accounting
- Contemporary Marketing Strategies and Practices OR e-Business Technology Management
Environmental Management Specialisation Modules (Choose any three)
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Management and Auditing
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Renewable Energy Management
MBA Dissertation on Environmental Management (Mandatory)
We have designed our MBA (Environmental Management Specialisation) for:
- Individuals and executives seeking appropriate management and leadership skills in Environmental Management and Sustainability.
- Graduates that expect to develop skills and critical thinking in business, management and administration.
- Individuals seeking competencies to a better position as change agents for sustainable business and future.
- Those looking to gain the entrepreneurial tools that will enable them to put their own business plan into practice.
The MBA in Environmental Management opens the doors for students to an array of environment-focused careers both locally and in the international market. Students will gain competencies to position themselves within private agencies, environmental consultancies, governments, NGOs and different environmental related international organizations. The programme enables our graduates to work at the nexus with all relevant disciplines to advance the sustainable environment agenda in business practices.
Meet the Facilitator