Bachelor of Business Administration & Management
About the Bachelor of Business Administration & Management
The Bachelor of Business Administration & Management (BBAM) Program of Nexus International University is a three-year program of 129 credit units, which admits Advanced level holders (for the 3-year programme), Diploma and Higher Diploma level graduates (for the 2-year programme) who have work experience in business enterprise. The programme aims at building on the competences attained at work and/or the Diploma and Higher Diploma levels, which are career-centric or vocational in nature into the Bachelor’s level where the graduate’s theoretical context, critical thinking and conceptual frames are essentially broadened and applied to refine and enhance their professional practices in business development and management.
What You Will Study in the Bachelor of Business Administration & Management
The program features a challenging variety of core modules such as Economics for Business, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Taxation management and many others intended to give students the theoretical basis, technological awareness and social responsibility needed for developing, operating and advancing a business. At this Bachelor’s level, the learners shall be facilitated to develop critical-thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that are essential in advancing to leadership roles in a variety of settings and businesses.
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Research Methodology
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Foundational Modules (Mandatory)
- Economics for Business
- Business Management
- ICT for Business
- Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Marketing Principles
- Human Resource & Organizational Development
- Quantitative Techniques for Business
- Business Ethics & Human Rights
- Business Finance
- Procurement Management
- Business and Customer Communications
- Operations Management
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Taxation Management
- Business law
Applicants for the Bachelor of Business Administration and Management programme shall be eligible for admission in the following ways:
a. Direct Entry Scheme
Applicants shall satisfy the general minimum entry requirements stipulated by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). Candidates seeking admission through this avenue must have obtained: –
- The Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least six credits of which two credits must be in English and Mathematics.
- The Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two Principal Passes obtained at the same sitting, which passes must include one of the following subjects: Economics, Mathematics, or Entrepreneurship or its equivalence from UNEB or a legitimate national authority.
- Foreign students without UACE or its equivalent qualifications, who have successfully completed secondary school education and are admissible to university degree or diploma programmes in their respective home countries. Such students shall have passed at least five subjects with a minimum overall grade of C (Plain). In addition, foreign students whose studies were not conducted in English shall show proof of proficiency in the English Language.
b. Diploma Entry Scheme
Candidates seeking admission through the Diploma holder’s Scheme must:
- Have passed Mathematics and English with at least a credit in the Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent
- Have done a combination involving Economics, Entrepreneurship, History, Geography, Agriculture, Mathematics at UACE and passed at least one of the subjects at Principle level
- Have obtained a diploma or its equivalent qualification (at credit/distinction level) in the relevant field from a recognised higher institution of learning.
c. Mature Age Entry
The applicant must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations (with at least 50%) of any institution dully authorized by the NCHE to issue such examination. For purposes of admission the Mature Age Entrance Certificate shall be valid for no more than two years.
d. Advanced or Higher Diploma Entry
Holders of Advanced Diploma, Higher Diploma, Higher National Diploma or equivalent qualification qualify for admission to the relevant Bachelors degree programme. The Advanced or Higher Diploma must be passed at Credit level or higher to be admitted to the final year the relevant Bachelor’s degree programme.
Click below to download PDF
Download PDF Now